The patient portal is an eService that patients can use to access their health information online. The portal connects directly to your office database so patient information is available instantly. It is also used for Secure Web Mail. You must be on support and have an active registration key.
- Version requirements: Update to the most recent stable version.
- For a list of supported browsers, see Computer Requirements.
- The Patient Portal is not yet optimized for mobile devices (e.g. smart phones and tablets) and cannot be used on Windows phones. You may experience minor limitations or issues when using mobile devices to access the portal.
- If you used the Patient Portal in version 13.1 or earlier and update to a newer version, old patient passwords will no longer work. You will need to generate new passwords, and redistribute to patients.
- Host Your Own Portal: You do have the option to host your own patient portal. This is a highly technical process and Open Dental does not provide support on this setup. You must still be on support and have an active registration key. See Patient Portal Setup: Host Your Own.