Use Fee Tools to copy fees in one fee schedule to a different fee schedule. Only fees that exactly match the selected criteria will be copied. You can copy only global fees in a fee schedule or further narrow your criteria to only clinic and/or provider-specific fees. As a preventive measure, before changing fees in a fee schedule (e.g. Increasing/Decreasing Fees by a Percentage or Importing Fees), we recommend creating a backup copy of the original fees.
Note: In some older versions, copying a fee schedule to itself will blank out the fee schedule. To avoid this issue, update your Open Dental version to 16.2.74 or greater, 16.3.40 or greater, or 16.4.9 or greater.
- In the Main Menu, click Lists, Procedure Code List.
- If needed, create a new Fee Schedule to use as the backup copy (e.g. 2014fees).
- Click Fee Scheds (bottom right).
- Click Add and create the fee schedule.
- Click OK, then Close.
- Click Fee Tools.
- Under Choose Settings, select the fee criteria to copy by clicking the dropdown arrows or [...]. Clinic and Provider options are only enabled if the selected fee schedule allows clinic and provider-specific fees (Use Global Fees is unchecked).
Only fees that exactly match the criteria will copy:
- If you select only a fee schedule, only the global fees will copy.
- If you select a fee schedule and a clinic, only the clinic-specific fees will copy.
- If you select a fee schedule and a provider, only the provider-specific fees will copy.
- If you select a fee schedule, a clinic, and a provider, only fees that are clinic AND provider specific will copy.
- Under Copy To, select the fee criteria where the fees will be copied to. We recommend selecting similar criteria as the Choose Settings criteria.
- Click Copy. A warning message will show.
- Click OK to continue.
- A message will indicate when the copy is done. Click OK.