eRx - Report a Failed or Missing Prescription
If you think a prescription failed to transmit electronically or a pharmacy or patient claims to have not received it, first research the issue, then if needed, report it to eRx.
Criteria to Reseach a Missing Prescription:
- It must be electronically transmitted. SureScripts does not track faxed prescriptions.
- It must be no more than 5 days from the write date of the prescription.
- Mail order prescriptions: Allow 72 hours from transmission before reporting a prescription as failed or missing. Mail order pharmacies have 72 hours to update their database with prescriptions.
- In eRx, Compose tab, click on the magnifying glass to the right of the current medication to view current details.
- Scroll down to the Print / Transmission Log.
Reading from bottom to top, check the Route (electronic, faxed, printed) and Status (queued, success, failure).
Report a Failed Transmission (Route = Electronic and Status = Failure)
Click Report Failed Transmission.
An email will be automatically sent to eRx so they can research the reason for failure. When an explanation and outcome is determined, you will be notified.
Report a Missing Prescription
If a prescription status is 'success' but the pharmacy or patient claims to have no record of the prescription, report the prescription as 'Missing'.
- Clck Report 'Missing' Prescription.
- Fill in the two required fields:
- Who reported to the provider or practice that the prescription is missing? Do not send PHI. If a pharmacist, please enter their name.
- What did the pharmacy or patient say?
- Click Report Missing Rx again to report it. An email will automatically be sent to eRx so they can research the issue. When an explanation and outcome is determined, you will be notified.