Automated eReminders and eConfirmations
eReminders and eConfirmations are eServices that send automated messages to patients about scheduled appointments. Both services require that you are on support with an active registration key.
are automated text message and/or email reminders about upcoming appointments. They are intended to be sent a short time before an appointment so patients don't forget to come. Integrated Texting fees apply when sending text messages. eReminder emails can be sent at no additional cost.
How eReminders work:
- Practice creates eReminder rules that determine the text in the reminder, the delivery method (text and/or email), and how many days and hours before an appointment the reminder is sent. Up to two eReminders rules can be created. See eReminders: Set up
- The eConnector regularly checks for eReminders that are due and automatically sends reminders accordingly.
- A commlog is automatically generated for each sent reminder.
Note: eReminders is a one-way service that only sends automated appointment reminders
eConfirmations are automated text message and/or email confirmations to remind patients about an upcoming appointment that also allow the patient to e-confirm. The appointment's confirmation status automatically updates accordingly. eConfirmations includes Integrated Texting access.
How eConfirmations work:
- Practice creates an eConfirmation rule that determines the message text, the delivery method (text and/or email), and how long before the appointment the eConfirmation is sent.
- The eConnector regularly checks for eConfirmations that are due and automatically sends messages accordingly. The appointment's confirmation status is automatically updated to indicate an eConfirmation has been sent. A commlog is automatically generated for each sent reminder.
- Patient has an option to confirm the appointment via text message or using a URL link. When the patient confirms, the appointment's confirmation status automatically updates.
Note: eConfirmations is a two-way service that sends automated confirmations and gives the patient an option to e-confirm.
For a list of supported browsers, see Computer Requirements.