Electronic Rx (eRx)
eRx is an internet-based, secure, electronic prescribing system. eRx only works in the United States and its territories, including Puerto Rico.
- Valid Open Dental registration key. The key must be active to enable eRx (currently on support).
- Internet Explorer.
- A high-speed connection for efficient use (cable, DSL, etc.).
|eRx Basic version (see eRx Features)
|eRx Comprehensive version (see eRx Features)
|Identity Proofing (Required by SureScripts for all providers)
||$45/provider (one-time fee)
|Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
||$80/prescribing provider/year (12 months)
For all eRx issues (identity proofing, passwords, support, signup) contact Open Dental Support only.
- Provider identity proofing fees will be added to your next statement.
- Monthly fees are billed in advance and appear on your statement the month after you first access eRx or use any feature in the interface.
- The EPCS fee of $80 is paid via PayPal to SureScripts during the registration process.
- If one provider uses eRx-Comprehensive, all other providers within the same database who use eRx will also be charged the comprehensive fee.
- If you ever stop using eRx, contact Open Dental support to cancel or monthly fees will continue.
EHR: Providers in the EHR Incentive program should only use eRx Comprehensive version because EHR Modified Stage 2 requires drug interaction and drug formulary checks to be enabled for the entire reporting period. See EHR: E-Prescribing and EHR: Clinical Decision Support.
Contact Open Dental support. We will activate the service and walk you through identity proofing and credentialing.
- The provider must be present during the call and should allocate ~30 minutes of uninterrupted time. Open Dental will not assist with setup if the provider is not present.
- Enter required information in Open Dental prior to the call. See Required Information.
- The following documentation will be needed for credentialing so have it ready.
- It will take approximately 2 business days to approve credentials.
EPCS: EPCS sign up requires additional steps after identity proofing and credentialing have been approved and validated. Contact support for assistance.