EHR Modified Stage 2
A part of the EHR Incentive Program is demonstrating meaningful use (MU) of certified EHR software by meeting thresholds for a number of objectives.
2017 general MU requirements:
- All providers will report on a single set of 10 objectives (called Modified Stage 2) and 9 clinical quality measures.
- MU reporting period length: A minimum of 90 continuous days between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2017.
2017 Specification Sheets (PDF)
Before you Begin
Modified Stage 2 Objectives
There are 10 total objectives to report.
- Protect Electronic Health Information: Conduct a Security Risk Analysis.
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Health Information Exchange (Summaries of Care)
- Patient Specific Education
- Medication Reconciliation
- Patient Electronic Access
- Secure Messaging
- Public Health Reporting
Note: In October 2015, CMS simplified and reduced the measures you need to report on. Thus, in some areas of the software you may notice information that is not needed when you attest.
Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs)
Clinical Quality Measures.
Measures from Previous Stages
Some measures from previous stages do not need to be reported on anymore. However, the data will be used in measures you will report on, so you still need to enter information.
||Where information is used
Record patient demographics on the Edit Patient Information window (gender, date of birth, preferred language, race, ethnicity).
|CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, public health reporting
||Enter Vital Signs and Interventions
||Assess Smoking Status and Interventions
||Maintain Patient Problem List.
||CDS, patient-specific education, summaries of care, CQMs
||Maintain Patient Medication List.
||CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, CQMs, drug interaction checks
||Maintain Patient Allergy List.
||CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, drug interaction checks, CQMs