Dental School Instructors
Dental School instructors are providers who can also fill out student Evaluations. You must set the Default User Group for Instructors before you can create instructor providers. Existing providers or students cannot be designated as 'instructors'. Instead you must create a new instructor.
To add or edit an instructor:
- In the Main Menu, click Lists, Providers. Instructor providers are indicated with an X in the Instructor column.
- In the Dental Schools Search by area, click the Instructors radio button. Only instructors will list in the Providers grid.
- Click + Add, or double click an instructor to edit.
Dental school specific information shows in the lower right corner of the window. For instructors, the 'Is Instructor' checkbox should be checked.
- Enter the instructor’s information. Refer to Providers for detailed information about each field.
- In the Dental Schools area, enter the user name and password this instructor will use to Log On to Open Dental.
By default, this instructor will be assigned to the Default User Group for Instructors.
- ProvNum: Automatically generated by Open Dental once a provider is added and cannot be changed.
- User Name: Defaults to the next available ProvNum, but can be manually edited.
- Password: Enter a password of your choosing. If you return to this window later, the password field will be blank. To keep the password the same, leave it blank.
- Click OK to save.
Instructors can change their own password via the Main Menu, File, Change Password.