Definitions: Adj Types
The Adj Types definition controls the options that are available as adjustment type options (e.g. Additions and Subtractions on the Adjustment window, adjustments for Discount Plans).
Add/Edit Adjustment Types
- Click Setup, Definitions, then select Adj Types.
- Click Add to create a new adjustment type or double-click an adjustment to edit.
- Name: Enter the name of the adjustment type.
- Indicate whether the adjustment type should increase or decrease the patient balance or indicate a discount plan.
Enter + when the adjustment will increase the patient balance and show as an 'Additions' option.
Enter - when the adjustment will decrease the patient balance and show as an 'Subtractions' option.
Enter dp when the adjustment applies to a Discount Plan.
Note: Once the adjustment type is created, this value cannot be changed since changes affect all patient accounts.
- Click OK to save.
Reorder Adjustment Types
On the main Definitions window, highlight a type, then click the up/down arrows.
Hide an Adjustment Type
Adjustment types cannot be deleted because that could corrupt data that used the definition.
There are two ways to hide an item so it is no longer an option in any lists.
- On the main Definitions window, select the item, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definition window, check the Hidden box.
We recommend also moving the item to the bottom of the list. To unhide an item, open the Edit Definition window and uncheck the Hidden box.