||What it Controls
Text color of different entry types in the Patient Account.
- Default: Text color when line item is not one of the entry types below.
- Insurance: Claims with a status of "waiting to send" or "sent"
- Insurance Payment: Insurance Payments that have been "received".
- Received Ins Claim: Claims with a status of "received".
- Received Pre-Auth: Preauthorizations with a status of "received" (marked hidden as of version 15.4).
- Broken Appointment Procedure: Applies to procedure D9986
- Canceled Appointment Procedure: Applies to procedure D9987.
|Account Procs Quick Add
||The list of items (and associated procedure codes) that can be quickly added to the patient account using the Quick Procs drop down in the Account Module (e.g. toothpaste, toothbrush).
||The options that show as Additions and Subtractions on the Adjustment window and the Bad Debt Adjustment types in Account Module Preferences. You can only define + or - when you add a type. Not allowed to edit a definition +/ - because changes affect all patient accounts.
Colors used in the Appointments schedule.
- Background colors that indicate practice open/closed times, when an appointment is complete, holidays.
- The color of Completed appointments (appointment colors are determined by Provider).
- Patient Note
The Confirmed status options available for appointments, and associated colors. Determines the the color of the circle that shows in Appointments when an Appointment View is set to show ConfirmedColor.
The system uses the first status listed as the default for new appointments. You may want to have an 'Unconfirmed' status listed first.
|Appt Procs Quick Add
||The procedure combinations listed in the Quick Add list on the Edit Appointment window. Enter a custom name, then enter the procedure codes to group together, separated by commas with no spaces (e.g.D0150,D0274,D0330) The procedure codes cannot require a tooth number. These combinations can be freely edited without affecting any patient records.
|Auto Note Categories
||The available Auto Note categories. Set up structured folder trees for auto notes.
||The billing types available as Billing Options. We recommend using as few billing types as possible. Types are useful when running reports to separate delinquent accounts, but can cause 'forgotten accounts' if used without good office procedures. To create a billing type that is emailed, enter “E” in the Email Bill field. Then, when you send statements from the Billing List, accounts with this billing type will be automatically emailed. Changes affect all patients.
|| The types of Blockouts available, and associated text and background colors.
|Chart Graphic Colors
Colors used on the Graphical Tooth Chart. Procedure status colors appear as choices on the Chart module, Draw tab.
- Treatment Planned, Complete, Existing Curr Prov, Existing Other Prov, Referred Out refer to procedure status. Colors selected for these options (and 'light') will also show as default choices on the Chart - Draw tab.
- Main Background: Background color of the tooth chart.
- Text: Color of tooth number text
- Highlighted: Color of tooth number text when tooth is selected.
- Highlighted Background: Background color of tooth number when tooth is selected.
- Background on TPs: Tooth chart background on signed and printed Treatment Plans.
- Text on TPs: Tooth number text color on signed and and printed Treatment Plans.
- Condition (light): Color used to chart conditions. See Enter Treatment.
If you make changes, you may also want to change the Prog Note Colors to match.
|Claim Custom Tracking
||Custom tracking options that appear under the Edit Claim, Status tab (e.g. hold, missing info, processing). Days Suppressed equals the number of days a claim will be excluded from the Outstanding Claim Report if this status is selected. This value must be a non-negative number (e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc).
|Claim Payment Tracking
||The Payment Tracking options available on the Edit Claim Procedure window (e.g. Rejected).
|Claim Payment Groups
||Determines the Payment Group options when Entering a Claim Payment. Typically used by large enterprise organizations who have multiple people entering payments at once. The Daily Payments report can be filtered by claim payment group.
||Type options on the Commlog screen. Changes affect all current commlog entries.
In the second column you can optionally set the default commlog type for certain situations. Assign one default per type. If more than one default is set, the program will default to the matching item that is closest to the top of the list. If no default is set, the program will default to the first item listed.
APPT: The default commlog type when Comm is clicked on the Edit Appointment window. This type will also be highlighted yellow in the Communications Log area, making it easy to see appointment commlogs at a glance.
FIN: Not used in the program.
RECALL: The default commlog type when commlog entries are entered from the Recall List.
MISC: The default commlog type when commlog entries are entered via the main Toolbar.
TEXT: The default commlog type when Text Messages are sent.
||Category options for Contacts. Changes affect all current contact records. The category at the top of the list is the default.
||Diagnosis options available when entering a Procedure or Entering Treatment. The abbreviation is shown in the progress notes. Move frequently used options to the top of the list; move lesser used options to the bottom. BE VERY CAREFUL. Changes affect all patients.
||Set colors used in the Procedure Code List to indicate global fee schedule fees vs provider-specific fees vs clinic-specific fees vs provider/clinic-specific fees.
Select options for categories/folders in the Images module (tree view). If you hide a category, images in that category will also be hidden, so only hide a category if you are certain it has never been used. Changes affect all patient records. The order of categories affects the order of tabs in the Chart module (below Patient Info).
- Expanded by default: If checked, this category will default to showing all files within it, if the Images Module Preference is 'Document tree folders persistent expand/collapse per user' and if the user hasn't manually collapsed the category.
- Show in Chart module: If checked, a tab for the category will show in the Chart module below Patient Info. Items in the category can then be accessed by double-clicking a thumbnail image.
- Show in Patient Forms: If checked, items in the category can be accessed from the Patient Forms window.
- Show in Patient Portal: If checked, items in the category can be accessed from the Patient Portal Images area. See Patient Portal: What the Patient Sees.
- Only one of the options below can be selected for a category:
Note: If more than one category has 'patient pictures, 'statements', 'graphical tooth charts', or 'payment plans' checked, only the category listed first in the Images module will be used. Treatment plans, however, can show in multiple categories.
- Patient Pictures: Images stored in this category will be used as the patient picture in the Family module and on the Appointment.
- Statements: This category will store PDF copies of all printed Statements.
- Graphical Tooth Charts: This category will store all tooth charts saved in the Chart module.
- Treatment Plan: This category will store PDF copies of all printed Treatment Plans.
- Payment Plans: This category will store PDF copies of saved Payment Plan Terms.
|Insurance Payment Types
||Payment Type options available when entering an Insurance Payment. By default, Check and EFT are options. Types marked as "N" will not show on Deposits. The option at the top of the list is the default. See Insurance Payment Types.
|Insurance Verification Status
||Verification status options used by the Insurance Verification List. The default options are Attempted and See Notes.
|Letter Merge Cats
|| Categories for Letter Merge. You can safely make any changes. The option at the top of the list is the default.
|| Family Module Coverage: Background color of insurance subscriber information in the Family module.
Perio bleeding, supperation, plaque, calculus: Colors that identify each item in the Perio chart.
Chart Module Medical: Background color of medical information in the Patient Info area of the Chart module.
Chart Today's Procs: Background color for today's procedures in the Chart module.
Commlog Appt Related: Background color of comm log entries on the Edit Appointment window
Family Module Referral: Background color of Referred To/Referred From cells in the Patient Information area of the Family module.
||Payment Type options when entering a Patient Payment. Changes affect all patients. The option at the top of the list is the default.
|PaySplit Unearned Types
||Options in the Unearned Type dropdown on Edit Payment Split window. Changes affect all patients. Prepayment is always an option.
|Proc Button Categories
||Categories used to group Procedure Buttons. The category at the top of the list is the default.
|Proc Code Categories
||Categories used to group Procedure Codes. They do not have to follow ADA categories. There is no relationship to Insurance Categories. Changes do not affect any patient records.
|Prog Notes Colors
||Text and background colors for various Progress Notes entry types in the Chart module. If you make changes, you may want to change the Chart Graphic Colors to match.
||Prognosis options when entering a Procedure or Entering Treatment in the Chart module.
||Customize the list of Specialities that show in Edit Provider window and Edit Referral window. Options cannot be deleted and changes may affect e-claims.
||Status options on the Edit Recall window. Abbreviation must be 7 characters or less. Changes affect all patients.
||Region options used for Clinics and when filtering the Insurance Verification List.
||Category options when ordering Supplies. The category at the top of the list is the default.
||Priority options when creating Tasks, and priority box color. The priority marked "D" is the default.
|Treat' Plan Priorities
||Priority options when entering a Procedure or Entering Treatment, and priority text color in the Progress Notes. Priority options can be simple numbers or descriptive abbreviations 7 letters or less. Changes affect all procedures where the definition is used.