In order to cancel Open Dental support, you must call technical support and meet the following criteria:
- The location must have met the minimum support requirements.
- Most users: 6 months
- EHR users: 12 months
- Other locations using the same database must also not be on support (e.g. using replication, middle tier).
If you choose to cancel, the following services and benefits will no longer be available.
- Access to unlimited technical support.
- Software updates, bug fixes, and new features as new versions are released.
- Access to many eServices including:
- Any discounts earned. For example, if you cancel support at the discounted rate of $99 per month, then choose to reinstate support at a later date, the discount will no longer apply.
You may continue to use Electronic Prescriptions and Integrated Texting if support is cancelled, although increased usage charges may apply.