Bridge - VixWin (Numbered)
Gendex VixWin is imaging software. Website: www.gendexxray.com
The recommended bridge is VixWin (numbered). When using this bridge, images will be stored in subdirectories based on Open Dental patient number, thus eliminating all performance issues linked to other VixWin versions. The last two numbers in the PatNum identify the first directory level. The second directory level is named the full PatNum. If you currently use a different VixWin bridge, see Other VixWin Bridges below.
To activate the bridge:
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double click on a VixWin (numbered).
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on Additional Properties to change settings.
- You can pass across the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- The Image Path is required and you must use a mapped drive letter. The same drive letter and path must exist on all workstations that use VixWin. In addition, each workstation's VixWin settings (Options, Preferences) must be set to "Bridge" mode using the same mapped drive letter.
- Verify the module the toolbar button will show in.
- Click OK. You will now have a button for VixWin Numbered in your Chart module toolbar.
Note: VixWin will not recognize UNC paths. You must use mapped drive letters.
Problem: VixWin crashes when using Windows 10 and opening VixWin via Open Dental.
Solution: Make sure the VixWin image drivers are updated to 3.6 or greater.
Other VixWin Bridges
If you currently use one of the VixWin bridges listed below, we recommend you contact us. These modes below store all images in a single directory, which will eventually cause performance issues. We can help you determine which bridge is best for your office and whether an image conversion can benefit you.