Bridge - Ewoo
This bridge was originally designed for EasyDent, an imaging product from ewoousa.com. That website is now defunct, and Ewoo was renamed to Vatech. See Vatech Website.
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'EwooEZDent from www.ewoousa.com'.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings. You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
Note: This bridge also supports EZ-Dent-i. To run EZDent-i, replace the Path of file to open with C:\Program Files (x86)\VATECH\EzDent-i\Bin\VTEzDent-iLoader32.exe.
The bridge sends patient data from Open Dental to an XML text file. Example file:
<Patient LastName="Smith" FirstName="John" ChartNumber="123">
<Address>123 Main St, Salem, OR</Address>
The text file is called linkage.xml, and is created in the same folder on the local computer as the EasyDent program is located.
Open Dental then launches EasyDent, which picks up the information in the linkage.xml file.
If no file is present, EasyDent will open with no patient selected.
If the patient is not recognized by EasyDent, a new patient will be created in EasyDent.
If you receive an error while launching, verify patient information is entered accurately (e.g. address, phone notes, etc.)