Bridge - AFP Imaging
AFP Imaging dba Imageworks is a digital imaging program. See Imageworks Website.
Also known as Dent-X ProImage, Eva, or Evasoft.
ProImage: If you are having an issue with a new ProImage window launching instead of updating the existing window every time the bridge is used, please contact us. We are trying to resolve the issue and will notify you when fixed.
Eva bridge: Evasoft must be running in the background for the bridge to work.
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on ProImage from www.dent-x.com.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings. You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
The ProImage database is based on the patient number. Open Dental sends the patient number, last name, first name, date of birth, address, etc. to ProImage. If the patient does not exist, a new patient record is created. Warning: If the patient number exists but the additional information sent does not match, the patient record will be updated to match the patient information from Open Dental.
You should check your ProImage patient records to confirm the information matches Open Dental before using the bridge. To check:
- Select the patient in ProImage from the Update Patient button located in the upper left or File menu. If it is not visible, enable the button from the Advanced settings under the Edit menu, Preferences then Toolbar Style.
- Select the same patient in Open Dental.
- Compare the ID in ProImage with the Patient Number in Open Dental. They must match before you can use the bridge.
- If they don't match, change the patient ID in ProImage to match the patient number in Open Dental (you cannot change the patient number in Open Dental). To print a list of names and patient numbers run this Query:
SELECT PatNum AS PatID,LName,FName, Birthdate FROM patient ORDER BY LName,FName