Bridge - Tscan
Tscan is digital imaging software. Website: http://www.tekscan.com
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'Tscan from www.tekscan.com'.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings. You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
Patientid is the key link between OD and Tscan. The Tscan program requires the patientid to be composed of letters and numbers only. If the "Enter 0 to use PatientNum, or 1 to use ChartNum" property is set to 1, then any characters that are not letters or numbers will be removed before the bridge is invoked. When the bridge is invoked, Tscan performs a case-insensitive search to locate the existing patient. If a patientid match is found for an existing patient within the Tscan database, then the found patient is selected in Tscan. If the patientid is not found, then a new patient is created in Tscan. If Tscan finds the same patientid and there is discrepancy between first, last or middle names, then a warning message is displayed.
Additionally, the bridge always sends the patient first and last name to Tscan and removes any characters which are not letters or numbers. If a patient middle name has been entered, then the bridge sends the patient middle name and removes any characters which are not letters or numbers. If the patient has a birth date entered in OD, then the birth date is sent over to Tscan, otherwise no birth date is sent. If the patient gender is set to male or female, then the gender information will be sent to Tscan. Otherwise, if the patient gender is set to unknown then the gender is not sent to Tscan.