Bridge - Progeny
Progeny is an imaging software. Website: www.progenydental.com
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'Progeny from www.progenydental.com'.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings. You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
The following patient information is sent to Progeny when the bridge button is pressed in OD: first name, last name and identifier (either PatientNum or ChartNum depending on the setting 'Enter 0 to use PatientNum, or 1 to use ChartNum'). Patients are loaded in Progeny based on the identifier passed in from OD. Progeny doesn't accept two word last names.
Problem: Receive an error message in Progeny: No Patient Selected.
If you close Progeny, then launch the bridge in Open Dental, this error message may display depending on how long Progeny takes to load. Eventually, the patient does load.
Solution: To avoid this message, leave Progeny running in the background.
Problem: When I launch the Progeny program link, more than one instance of Progeny is created.
Solution: Call Progeny support to get help upgrading Progeny to version 1.10 or later.