Bridge - Patterson Imaging
Patterson Imaging website. Our bridge only works with Patterson Imaging version 15 or newer.
Note: Patterson discontinued their Patterson Imaging software on 2/17/2017. Patterson no longer sells licenses or offers support on this product.
- To activate the bridge, in the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links.
- Double click on Patterson Imaging in the list.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open and Additional Properties.
- Click OK. You will now have a button in your Chart module labeled 'PattersonImg'.
The Path of file to open can vary depending on where the .exe is stored on your computer. It may be C:\Patterson Imaging\Shared Files\Imaging.exe.
How the Bridge Works
- The bridge matches patients based on SSN. If SSN is not present, then it matches on FirstName, LastName, BirthDate.
- If no patient is found matching those criteria, then it creates a new patient in Patterson Imaging.
- Before version 12.2.6, the patient middle initial and preferred name were sent when bridging. This was sometimes a problem because, if the middle initial or preferred name were later changed in Open Dental, then Patterson would interpret this as a new patient the next time the bridge was used. Patterson would then create a new patient. So we no longer send this information.