Bridge - Apixia
Apixia is digital imaging software. See http://www.apixia.net.
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'Apixia Digital Imaging by Apixia Inc.'
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.
- Verify the System path to Apixia Digital Imaging ini file value. The Switch.ini must be in the same folder as the digirex.exe executable.
- You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
Apixia uses a Switch.ini file to identify selected patients. Open Dental sends the selected patients birthdate, chart number (if selected), dentist ID (Open Dental provider abbreviation), digirex password (digirex), gender, name, and patient number to the Switch.ini file. The Apixia application loads the patient in the Switch.ini file.
Apixia requires user ID's and passwords. Use the DigirexServer application to add users for Apixia. The 'Dr.ID' must match the provider abbreviation in Open Dental and all passwords must be 'digirex'. If the user ID and password are not setup correctly, you will receive a message and Apixia will freeze.