A patient’s appointment history is easily viewable on the Appointments for [patient] window. To open this window, click View Pat Appts in the Appointments module. This window also opens when you schedule an appointment for a patient who has a Planned Appointment, a scheduled appointment, an unscheduled appointment, or a Recall due.
- Recall for Family: All recall appointments due and scheduled for all family members. Red entries indicate the patient's recall appointment is overdue. Click on a family member to quickly switch to their appointment history.
- Appointment Module Note: Notes that show in red when you hover over any family member's appointment in the schedule.
- Family Urgent Financial Notes: Notes entered in the Account module, Family Urgent Financial Notes section. They cannot be edited here. These notes also show in red when you hover over any family member's appointment in the schedule.
- Planned Appt Done: This box reflects the value of the Done box in the Chart module, Planned Appt tab. When checked, this notifies scheduling that the next appointment will be a Recall, not a restorative procedure. If unchecked, there is a planned appointment.
- Show Completed Planned Appts: Check to list planned appointments attached to completed appointments. By default these do not list.
- Appointments for Patient: The patient's planned, scheduled, broken, unscheduled, and completed appointments.
The buttons along the bottom can be used to quickly take action on an appointment:
- Go to Appt: Quickly jump to the selected appointment in the schedule.
- Copy to Pinboard: Copy the selected appointment to the Pinboard for scheduling. Completed appointments cannot be copied.
- Entire Family: Quickly schedule Recall appointments for all family members. For each patient, an appointment with the necessary procedures will be sent to the Pinboard.
- Schedule Recall: For the selected patient only, send a recall appointment, with the necessary procedures, to the Pinboard. If a recall appointment is already scheduled, you will receive a message. If patient has an unscheduled recall appointment, and you schedule a new recall appointment with the same procedures, the procedures will be duplicated in the Treatment Plan.
- Note for Patient: A patient note that can be placed on the schedule. Enter notes in the lower left, then click OK to send to the Pinboard. Place the note on the schedule like an appointment. These notes can be set complete, but cannot be broken or sent to unscheduled list.
- Create New Appt: Open the Edit Appointment window to schedule a new appointment.
For online recall appointment scheduling, see Web Sched Recall.