Set an Appointment Complete
Once a scheduled Appointment is finished, you should set it complete. This will mark all procedures attached to the appointment complete as well.
There are several ways to set it complete:
- In the Appointment schedule:
- Right click on the appointment, then select Set Complete.
- Select the appointment, then click the action button (right side of window).
- In the Chart module Progress Notes, right click the appointment, then click Set Complete.
When an appointment is set complete, the following changes occur:
- The Appointment Status changes to complete.
- The status of each attached Procedure is changed from treatment planned (TP) to complete (C).
- The provider for each procedure is assigned automatically based on the Operatory settings.
- The default Procedure Note is copied into each procedure.
- The procedure date is set to today's date.
- For advanced users:
the SiteNum for each procedure to be the same as patient.SiteNum.
- Sets appointment InsPlan1 and InsPlan2 according to the current coverage.
- Synchs recall.
Note: Manually changing a procedure's status to 'Complete' on the Procedure Info window only changes the status. It does not change the procedure date or copy default procedure notes.
Several preferences affect behavior when setting an appointment complete.